Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Late Mother's Day Post

I meant to post this right after mother's day, but other stuff intruded. Anyway, here's a poem I gave my mother on her mother's day card:

"So many parents long for a child different from their own.
You love me as I am.
So many parents hope that if they pretend evil does not happen, it won’t affect their child.
You stand by me in my pain.
So many parents try to change their child to fit the system.
You try to change the system.
So many parents listen to what experts say about their children.
You listen to me about myself.
So many parents love their child, but don’t really like them.
You like and love me.
So many parents think they are the biggest experts on their child.
You know that only I can define myself."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home