Sunday, August 21, 2016

Positive Neurodiversity Compendium

I decided to start another blog, Positive Neurodiversity Compendium. This blog will be reserved as a safe space for neuroatypical people who just need to read something positive about people like them, without any mention of ableism.

As an autistic person, sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in the negativity around neurodevelopmental differences. Even most neurodiversity sites aren't a good thing for me in that mood, because rebutting ableism, while important, just reminds me of the ableism that is out there. This blog is intended as a safe space for people with neurodevelopmental differences who just need to read some positive stuff about being different.

I will still use this blog for the usual style of posts here, but when I write or come across something really positive and comforting, I'll put it there. Hopefully eventually I'll have a big long list of posts, so if you're like me, you can go delving into the archives to find some comforting stuff you haven't read yet.

I'm also intending this blog partly as something for kids to read. While I won't go out of my way to make it kid-friendly, it'll probably turn out as a good site to find stuff for a neuroatypical kid to boost their self-esteem.

Hopefully this will also be helpful to me, encouraging me to take the time to look for the stuff that makes me feel good about myself and the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home